Huguenot coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Huguenot coal mine is proposed by Colonial Coal International Corporation to produce 5 million tonnes per annum, near Quintette, British Columbia, Canada.
The project includes an underground mine, producing approximately 1.8 million tonnes per annum, and a surface mine producing 3.2 million tonnes.
The satellite photo below shows the exact mine site near Quintette, British Columbia, Canada.
According to the company website, "The Huguenot Coal Project covers a total area of 7,592 ha and consists of one contiguous block of 13 coal licenses and two coal license applications that encompass previously explored deposits. The property is located approximately 140 road-km from the Quintette load-out and is amenable to open-pit mining."
- Owner: Colonial Coal International Corporation
- Parent company:
- Location: Quintette, British Columbia, Canada
- GPS coordinates: 55.000742,-120.829716 (exact)
- Mine status: Proposed
- Start year: TBD
- Production: 5 (3.2 million tonnes per annum from surface mining and 1.8 million tonnes per annum from underground mining)
- Mineable reserves: 397 million tonnes (with 277 million tonnes proven)
- Coal type: Metallurigcal, bituminous
- Mine size:7,592 ha
- Mine type: surface, openpit
- Number of employees: