Huizhou Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huizhou Cogen power station (神华国华惠州热电分公司) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired co-generation power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
An additional 2*50 + 2*350MW units have been proposed.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Daya Bay, Huiyang District, Huizhou Prefecture, Guangdong Province.
Background on Plant
Huizhou Cogen power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW in Guangdong Province. The plant was completed in 2010, and was originally owned by Shenhua Group. It is supplying heat and steam to the Daya Bay Petrochemical industrial Park where the plant is located, besides electricity generation.
There are two expansion plans at the power station, which would be located next to the existing units:
One is to build two new 50MW CHP units. The project is is seeking permitting.
The other plan is to build 2 x 350MW units, which were listed in the city's 2016 industrial park development plan.
With no progress in over four years on units 3-6, plans appear to be cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guohua Elec Power Corp
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Daya Bay, Huiyang District, Huizhou Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 22.75307, 114.62675 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Cancelled (Units 3-6)
- Gross capacity: 1460 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW, Units 3 & 4: 50 MW, Units 5 & 6: 350MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2010 (Units 1 & 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国家发展改革委关于广东国华惠州大亚湾热电“上大压小”新建工程核准的批复"Guangdong Government website, 2010-01-28
- "神华国华惠州热电一期全面投产 总投资33亿," Huizhou Daily, 2010-08-06
- "广东国华惠州大亚湾热电一期（2*330MW）及二期（2*350MW机组）扩建工程贮存灰场建设用地范围文物考古调查、勘探工作报告"Guangdong Provincial Institute Cultrual Relice & Archaeology, 2013-10-25
- "广东国华惠州大亚湾热电二期2×50MW背压机组工程 环境影响评价第一次公示," Dayawan Economic Development Zone Official Website, May 4, 2017
- "惠州市人民政府办公室关于印发惠州市能源发展“十二五”规划的通知," 360Doc, 2016-10-27
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017