Hunter Valley South coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
The Hunter Valley South coal mine is a surface mine, operated by Yancoal Australia and Glencore, part of its Hunter Valley Operations, producing 10.8 million tonnes per annum, in Lemington, New South Wales, Australia.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The Hunter Valley Operations, including the North mine, is owned by Yancoal and Glencore.
- Sponsor: Hunter Valley Operations
- Parent Company: Yancoal (51%), Glencore (49%)
- Location: Lemington, New South Wales, Australia
- GPS Coordinates: -32.5245107, 150.9819012 (exact)
- Status: operating
- Production Capacity: 10.8 Mt/year
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 650 Mt (including Hunter Valley North coal mine)
- Coal type:
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface
- Start Year:1971
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles