IMpunzi mine complex
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The IMpunzi mine complex is a cluster of coal mines, operated by Glencore Xstrata, producing 6.7 million tonnes per annum, in Kriel, Emalahleni, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The mines include Arthur Taylor, ATCOM, and Phoenix.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine complex.
The IMpunzi coal complex is intended to operate through the year 2033.
- Sponsor: Glencore Xstrata
- Parent Company:
- Location: Kriel, Emalahleni, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -26.108683, 29.230581 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 6.7 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 74 million tonnes
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Workforce Size: 1760
- Mine Type: surface, underground
- Start Year: 2010
- Source of Financing: