Impumelelo coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Impumelelo coal mine, formerly known as the Brandspruit mine, is operated by Sasol Mining, producing 10.5 million tonnes per annum, in Embalenhle, Mpumalanga, South Africa. The mine is part of the Secunda Mining Complex.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
The Impumelelo coal mine is intended to operate through the year 2050.
- Sponsor: Sasol Mining
- Parent Company:
- Location: Embalenhle, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- GPS Coordinates: -26.581453, 29.145008 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 10.5 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Workforce Size: 1760
- Mine Type: underground, bore and pillar
- Start Year: 2019
- Source of Financing:
Articles and Resources
- Sasol Opens New Coal Mine Impumelelo, NS Energy, April 15, 2019
- Murray Roberts Begins Work on Shafts at Impumelelo Coal Mine, Mining, November 16, 2011