In Salah Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
In Salah Gas Pipeline is an existing natural gas pipeline, running from In Salah to Hassi R'Mel, Algeria.
The pipeline runs from various gas fields around In Salah, Tamanrasset province, to Hassi R'Mel, Laghouat province, Algeria.
The 520-kilometer In Salah pipeline, part of the In Salah Gas project (a joint venture between Sonatrach, BP, and Statoil), was completed in 2003. The 310-kilometer Southern Fields extension was completed in 2016. The extension will maintain total production at 9 billion cubic meters per year.
- Operator: In Salah Gas
- Parent Company: Sonatrach (35%), BP (33.15%), and Statoil (31.85%)
- Current capacity: 9 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 830 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2003/2016
Articles and resources
- Energy Map of Algeria, Petroleum Economist, 2007.
- Emad Khedr and Jack Laurijssen, In Salah Gas Export Pipeline Project, Presentation, 2004 International Pipeline Conference, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, October 4–8, 2004.
- Start-up at In Salah Southern Fields in Algeria, Penn Energy, 16 Feb. 2016.
- Start-up at In Salah Southern Fields announced, BP press release, 16 Feb. 2016.