Indraprastha power station
Indraprastha power station is a retired 284.1-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in New Delhi, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the site of the retired power station in New Delhi.
Indraprastha power station was a five-unit coal-fired power station totaling 284.1MW in New Delhi, India. Unit 1 was retired in 2000. Units 2-5 were retired in 2010. The site of the retired coal plant may be converted into a solar plant.
- Sponsor: Indraprastha power generation
- Location: New Delhi, India
- Coordinates: 28.6247, 77.2505 (exact)
- Status: Retired (2010)
- Gross capacity: 284.1 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Star year: 1963 (Unit 1), 1967 (Unit 2), 1968 (Unit 3), 1968 (Unit 4), 1971 (Unit 5)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Indraprastha (I.P.) Coal Power Station India," GEO, accessed June 2020
- "Defunct Indraprastha power station to be converted into solar plant; move to showcase India's commitment to clean energy". The Economic Times. 2015-08-18. Retrieved 2020-06-19.