International Paper Roanoke Rapids Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
International Paper Roanoke Rapids Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by International Paper in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina.
- Owner/Parent Company: International Paper
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 22.5 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 22.5 MW (1966)
- Location: North Roanoke Ave., Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870
- GPS Coordinates: 36.475095, -77.641924
- Electricity Production: 144,157 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 303,176 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- North Carolina and coal
- International Paper
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|