Irkutsk-10 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Irkutsk-10 power station is a 1,110-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Irkutsk province, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is near the town of Meget, in Angarsky district, Irkutsk province.
Background on Plant
The eight-unit, 1,110-MW coal-fired Irkutsk-10 power station is owned by Irkutskenergo which is 90.2% owned by En+Group. The plant’s eight units were brought online between 1959 and 1962. In December 2019 Irkutskenergo announced that it planned to sell its coal plants and other coal assets, possibly to Gazprom Energoholding LLC, which would facilitate the conversion of these plants to gas. In December 2020 En+ announced that it would replace one of the plant's 150-MW units with a new 150-MW coal-burning unit.
In December 2019 Irkutskenergo announced that it planned to sell its power plant holdings to its subsidiary Baikal Energy Company for 27 billion rubles. The sale was finalized and these holdings were transferred on Sep. 1, 2020.
- Sponsor: Baikal Energy Company
- Parent company: En+Group
- Location: Meget, Angarsky district, Irkutsk province, Russia
- Coordinates: 52.461862, 103.978646 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,110 MW: Unit 1: 60 MW; Units 2-8: 7 x 150 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1959-62
- Coal type: Sub-bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Irkutsk Thermal Power Station-10 Russia, Global Energy Observatory, accessed June 2018.
- Иркутская ТЭЦ-10, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- Russian energy giant looks to shed coal assets, reports say, Bellona, Dec. 5, 2019
- Приход "Газпрома" и повышение тарифов, Irkutsk Media, Feb. 3, 2020
- «Интер РАО» расширяет модернизацию ТЭС, Kommersant, Dec. 2, 2020
- Иркутскэнерго продаст дочке весь теплогенерирующий и сетевой комплекс Иркутской области, Neftegaz, Dec. 31, 2019.
- В Иркутской области статус ресурсоснабжающей организации присвоен "Байкальской энергетической компании", sia.ru, Oct. 8, 2020