Irmak power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Irmak power station is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Çanakkale province, Turkey.
The map below shows the town of Ezine, the proposed location for the plant.
Background on Plant
Since Pitanes Elektrik Üretim A.Ş. applied for a preliminary license for a 1320 MW coal plant in the town of Ezine, Turkey the company was taken over by Bıçakcılar Çandarlı Elektrik Üretim A.Ş. As of April 2018 the prelicense application is still shown as under consideration on the EMRA website. As of December 2020 the project does not appear on permit lists of the Energy Market Regulatory Authority and it appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Bıçakcılar Çandarlı Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company: Pitanes Elektrik
- Location: Ezine town, Ezine district, Çanakkale province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 39.79, 26.3325 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Termik santrallerden en çok Ezine etkilenecek, Evrensel, Jan 2017.