Ivanovskaya CHP-2 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Ivanovskaya CHP-2 power station (Ивановская ТЭЦ-2) is a 140-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Ivanovo oblast, Russia. The plant was switched entirely to gas (from a mix of gas and coal) in 2015.
The map below shows the exact location of the plant in Ivonovo, Ivonovo district, Russia.
In 1939, the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR decided to build a new thermal power plant in the southeast of the city of Ivanovo. But the WWII prevented these plans. Development works resumed in 1950. The construction and installation of the first stage took 6 years. In November 1954, the first turbo-generator and one boiler were launched. And by 1956, 2 turbines of 25 MW each and 4 boilers were already operating at the station.
The commissioning of the first stage of Ivanovskaya CHPP-2 made it possible to increase its capacity to 50 MW. The generation of electrical and thermal energy has steadily increased with the laying of new heating mains and the growing demands of local industrial enterprises.
In the history of their development, power plants used a wide range of fuels - from peat and coal to fuel oil and natural gas. By 1969 the electric power of Ivanovskaya CHPP-2 reached 160 MW.
The equipment was run down by the 1970s and needed to be replaced. The technical re-equipment of the station began in the first half of the 1980s. 4 modern turbogenerators were installed, additional equipment was installed and pipeline lines were laid.
With the commissioning of the second gas distribution station, it was possible to achieve an increase in the specific consumption of natural gas, replacing other types of fuel with it. This brought a significant economic effect to the enterprise and had a positive effect on the ecology of the region.
There is no clear data on capacity of each individual unit. The data sources suggest that there are two turbines with the capacity higher than 50 MW, specifically 70 MW.
The whole plant is planned to be decommissioned and converted to a boiler house by 2024.
- Owner: Ivanovo Branch of PJSC "T Plus"
- Parent company: T Plus Group
- Location: Ivonovo, Ivonovo district, Russia
- Coordinates: 56.99066, 41.01133 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating):
- Gross generating capacity (retired):
- Coal type: Sub-bituminous
Articles and resources
- Ивановская ТЭЦ-2 отказывается от угля, Energybase, Nov 10, 2015
- Ивановская ТЭЦ-2 будет загрязнять атмосферу на 47% меньше, chastnik.ru, Nov. 10, 2015
- "Ivanovo CHP-2".
- "Ивановская ТЭЦ-2 перестанет быть ТЭЦ". ИвановоLive (in русский). Retrieved 2022-11-08.
- Ivanovskaya Tets-2, Google Maps, accessed Aug 27, 2021
- Ивановская ТЭЦ-2, Energybase, accessed Aug 27, 2021
- Ивановская ТЭЦ-2, T Plus Group, accessed Aug 27, 2021