Jackalope Gas Gathering System
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Jackalope Gas Gathering System is a natural gas pipeline under construction in Wyoming, USA.
The pipeline will run in Converse County, Wyoming, USA, terminating at the Bucking Horse Gas Processing Facility in Niobrara Shale Play.
- Owner: Inergy Holdings (100%)
- Proposed capacity: 200 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 33.5 kilometers / 20.8 miles
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2019
The Bucking Horse plant, along with the Jackalope Gas Gathering System (JGGS), is owned through a 50/50 joint venture between Williams Partners and Crestwood Midstream Partners, a subsidiary of Inergy Holdings. The gathering and processing facilities provide services under a long-term, fee-based agreement with Chesapeake Energy Corporation (“Chesapeake”). The Jackalope System includes approximately 184 miles of low pressure gathering pipelines supported by a 311,000-acre area of dedication from Chesapeake.
In April of 2019, Williams sold its 50% interest in Jackalope Gas Gathering Services, L.L.C. to an affiliate of Crestwood for $484.6 million in cash. Prior to the transaction, Crestwood was Williams’ 50% joint venture partner in Jackalope where Williams acted as operator, responsible for managing construction and operations and Crestwood served as marketer, responsible for commercial services. Following the transaction, Crestwood has assumed operatorship of Jackalope. According to Natural Gas Intelligence the pipeline was operating as of October 2019.
Articles and resources
- Ongoing Projects, Pipeline News, accessed October 2018
- Williams Partners and Crestwood Midstream Partners Announce Commissioning of Bucking Horse Gas Processing Plant in Niobrara Shale Play, Williams, February 5, 2015
- Williams Sells Its 50% Interest in Jackalope Gas Gathering Services, L.L.C. to an Affiliate of Crestwood Equity Partners LP for $484.6 Million,Yahoo News, April 10, 2019
- Crestwood Eyeing Midstream Projects in Bakken, PRB After Record 3Q Volumes, Natural Gas Intelligence, Oct. 29, 2019