Jagdishpur Steel power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Jagdishpur Steel power station was a proposed 1,050-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Sultanpur - Jagdishpur District, the state of Uttar Pradesh, India.
In September 2019 it was reported that SAIL Jagdishpur Power Plant Limited, which was incorporated to set up a gas-based power plant at Jagdishpur to revive the Sindri unit of the Fertilizer Corporation of India Limited, did not succeed and that the Sindri unit is undergoing closure. The proposed plant appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Steel Authority Of India Ltd. (SAIL)
- Parent company: Steel Authority Of India Ltd.
- Location: Sultanpur - Jagdishpur District, the state of Uttar Pradesh, India
- Coordinates: 26.3233, 81.9821 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (canceled): 1,050 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 1,050 MW
Articles and Resources