|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Jawa-1 FSRU is a proposed floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) proposed to be based in Sebang regency, Indonesia.
- Parent: Pertamina 40%; Marubeni 40%; Sojitz 20%
- Location: Sebang regency, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -6.109433, 107.780705 (approximate)
- Capacity: 2.1 mtpa, 0.30 bcfd
- Status: Construction
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2021
- Financing: A US$604 million loan from Japan Bank for International Cooperation and, from commercial banks including Mitsubishi UFJ and Mizuho, a USD1.3 billion loan which is covered by Nippon Export and Investment Insurance – this financing also supports the associated PLTGU Jawa-1 power station
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
The FSRU would be connected to the proposed Jawa-1 CCGT power plant, on which construction began in December 2018.
In December 2020, the FSRU Jawa Satu was completed at Samsung Heavy Industries in South Korea and delivered to PT Jawa Satu Regas, a joint company of PT Pertamina, Marubeni, Sojitz, and MOL, for Jawa-1 (Cilamaya) integrated gas-to-power project. The 2.4 MTPA FSRU with a storage capacity of 170,000 m3 will provide gas to the 1.76 GW gas-fired combined cycle power plant. The produced power will be sold to PT PLN (Persero) over 25 years. The project is scheduled to come online in late 2021.
It will cost an estimated US$300-400 million.
Articles and resources
- Project Financing for Jawa 1 Gas-to-Power Project in Indonesia, Japan Bank for International Cooperation press release, Oct. 22, 2018
- Mitsui OSK leads consortium building FSRU for Jawa 1 project, LNG World Shipping, Dec. 13, 2018
- GIIGNL 2021 Annual Report, accessed May 5, 2021
- Pembangunan PLTGU Jawa 1 Sudah Capai 15%, sindonews.com, Jun. 27, 2019