Jaya power station
Jaya power station is a proposed 450-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Tamil Nadu, India.
The map below shows the approximate location where the plant would be built in Thoothukkudi district.
Background on Plant
In 2011 Jaya Thermal Power submitted a pre–feasibility report for a 320 MW (4X80 MW) coal-based power station in Thoothukudi district. A terms of reference was awarded in 2012, and afterward Jaya Thermal Power submitted a revised permit to expand the proposed power station to 450 MW (3 x 150 MW).
As of May 2016 the project has yet to receive environmental clearance, and appears to be deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Jaya Thermal Power
- Parent company:
- Location: Vadakku Silukkampatti, Muthusamypuram, Thattaparai and Veerapandapuram villages, Thoothukkudi district, Tamil Nadu
- Coordinates: 8.803, 78.1445 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 450 MW (3 x 150 MW)
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications:
Resources and articles
- AGENDA & MINUTES FORTY THIRD MEETING OF STATE LEVEL EXPERT APPRAISAL COMMITTEE (SEAC), SEIAA meeting, August 2013.