Jayant coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Jayant coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by Northern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 20 million-tonnes-per-annum, in Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh state, India.
The project has a current expansion plan to 25 million tonnes per annum.
The satellite image below shows the area of the mine in Singrauli District, Madhya Pradesh.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Northern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Singrauli District, Madhya Pradesh, India
- GPS coordinates: 24.1583, 82.6546 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 20 MTPA
- Total Resource: 282.71 MT
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal
- Mine Size: 22.2 km2
- Mine Depth: 10-180m
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1975
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and Resources
- Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Expansion Jayant Opencast Coal Mining, August 29, 2018