Jhilimili coal mines
The Jhilimili coal mines are a 3 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) network of mines on the Jhilimili coalfield in Chhattisgarh state, India.
The map below shows the location of the Jhilimili coalfield, in Surajpur district, Chhattisgarh state.
Background on Mine
The 3 million ton-per-annum Jhilimili coal mines are owned by South Eastern Coalfields Limited (a subsidiary of state-owned Coal India). The mines consist mainly of Katkona (toward the west side of the above map) and Jhilimili (toward the east).
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Surajpur district, Chhattisgarh state, India
- Coordinates: 23.353, 82.702 (approximate) (ca. 23.3-23.4 N, 82.6-82.8 E)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 3 MTPA
- Reserves: 267 MT (228 MT proven, 39 MT indicated)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Surface and underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- SECL - Coal Resources/Reserves as per UNFC as on 01.04.2011, CMPDI website, accessed May 2015.
- Key Performance Highlights of SECL in 2012-13, SECL/Ministry of Coal website, accessed May 2015.
- Coal Directory of India 2012-13, Ministry of Coal, 2014, p. 2.9.