Jiangyin Sulong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jiangyin Sulong power station (国电江阴苏龙热电公司) is a 1,215-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangsu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Jiangyin City, Wuxi Prefecture, Jiangsu Province.
Background on Plant
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Longyuan Power Group
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Jiangyin City, Wuxi Prefecture, Jiangsu Province, China
- Coordinates: 31.9197802, 120.2052277 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,215 MW (Units 1 & 2: 138 MW; Units 3 & 4: 140 MW; Units 5 & 6: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1995 (Units 1 & 2); 2003 (Units 3 & 4); 2004-05 (Units 5 & 6)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Jiangyin Sulong Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Dec. 2015.
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017