Jiexiu Gangue power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jiexiu Gangue power station (山西国际能源崇光发电公司) is a 700-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Jiexiu City, Jinzhong Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Project
Project suspended, then revived
July 2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017 China's National Energy Administration (NEA) postponed or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling nearly 107 gigawatts (GW). 114 coal units totaling 65 GW are postponed for consideration until after the end of the 13th 5-year plan, in 2020. In addition, 71 coal units totaling nearly 42 GW were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. NEA said its goal is to eventually suspend or halt 150 GW of coal capacity during the 13th 5-year plan (2016-2020).
Jiexiu Gangue power station Units 1-2 are among the postponed coal-burning units.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
September 2017: Suspension lifted
After political negotiations, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released an updated list of postponed and halted coal projects on September 26, 2017. The new list contained 151 units totaling 95 gigawatts (GW). Jiexiu Gangue power station was no longer on the list, suggesting the plant is not suspended.
In early 2018 it was reported the plant is planned for commissioning in late 2018.
2020-2021: Plant commissioned
- Sponsor: Shanxi International Energy Group (51%), Shanxi Ancheng Technical Development Company (49%)
- Location: Yian Town, Jiexiu County, Jinzhong Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.106543, 111.995598 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2020 (Unit 1), 2021 (Unit 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "山西首定五个低热值煤发电项目", 人民网, 2013-11-18
- "介休 低热值煤发电项目正式开工建设," 2015-08-31
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "山西崇光发电有限责任公司介休2×35万千瓦低热值煤发电新建项目劳务综合服务招标公告," CN Power, 2018-02-26
- [ "介休2×35万千瓦低热值煤发电新建项目1号机组一次通过168小时试运行,"] 中国火力发电网, 2021-01-04
- "中国能建设计承建山西介休低热值煤发电新建项目建成投产," 2021-02-08