Jinchuan Works power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jinchuan Works power station (金川集团热电厂) is a 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired captive power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Jinchuan District, Jinchang Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Plant
Jinchuan Works power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 300 MW. The plant was completed in 2008, and is owned by Jinchuan Group. It is a captive coal-fired co-generation power plant to supply heat and electricity to Jinchuan Group' s non-ferrous metal production. Jinchuan Group is a mining and non-ferrous metal processing private enterprise. According to its website, it is ranking 63 among top 500 Chinese enterprises. The power plant did not receive the permit and EIA clearance. 
- Sponsor: Jinchuan Group Thermal Power Co., Ltd. 金川集团热电有限公司
- Owner: Jinchuan Group Thermal Power Co., Ltd.
- Parent company: Jinchuan Group
- Location: Jinchuan District, Jinchang Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.49059, 102.167852 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 300 MW (Units 1 & 2: 150 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2008
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: