Jinshi Magnesium captive power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jinshi Magnesium captive power station (盾安控股集团金石镁业自备电厂) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows Alxa Prefecture, the approximate location where the power station would be built.
Background on Project
In November 2019 it was reported that prep work on the plant had begun, although the project has not yet received a permit.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Jinshi Magnesium. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Inner Mongolia Jinshi Magnesium Company
- Parent company: Dun'an Holding Group
- Location: Wulanbuhe, Alxa Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.445582, 106.659114 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (2 x 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "金石镁业2×350MW自备电厂项目节能评估报告书获自治区发改委批复," 阿拉善经济开发区, 2015/9/2
- "金石镁业发电项目、庆华额济纳旗热电联产项目列入自治区2014年度火电建设规划," Alxa Development and Reform Commission, 2015/2/4
- "内蒙古自治区环境保护厅关于内蒙古金石镁业有限公司金石镁业发电项目建设项目环境影响评价文件受理情况的公示," 环境保护厅, 2015-09-09
- "勇攀高峰立标杆 ——记“中央企业先进集体”包头铝业热电厂," 中国有色金属报, 2019-11-05
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017