Jinzhou CR power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jinzhou CR power station (华润电力锦州公司) is a retired 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
A new 1,320 MW power station at the site is under development.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Jinzhou District. Planet satellite photos show significant construction progress as of May 2018.
Background on Plant
China Resources was owner of a 6 x 200 MW subcritical coal plant in Jinzhou District. The plant was commissioned in 1983-1988 and retired in 2014.
Two new 660 MW ultra-supercritical units are under construction at the same location. Construction began in 2015. It is planned for 2018. It is sponsored by China Resources and Xuzhou Mining Group.
Unit 7 was commissioned in November 2020.
Project Details of new units 7-8
- Sponsor: China Resources, Xuzhou Mining Group
- Location: Xinglong, Taihe, Jinzhou District, Dalian Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 41.2714959, 121.2506345 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Unit 7), Construction (Unit 8)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 7-8: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2020
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: