Joetsu LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Joetsu (Naoetsu) LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Chūbu, Japan.
- Owner: JERA
- Location: Naoetsu in Joetsu city, Niigata Prefecture, Niigata Prefecture, Chūbu, Japan
- Coordinates: 37.20902, 138.276978 (exact)
- Capacity: 3.2 mtpa
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2012
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Joetsu LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Chūbu, Japan.
Construction of Joetsu LNG Terminal began in 2007 and received its first test cargo in 2011 and began full operation in 2013. The terminal has three 180,000 m³ LNG storage tanks. The terminal, which imports LNG from Indonesia and Australia, received the first American import of LNG to Japan in 2016. Gas from the plant is sold to the Tokyo market.
Articles and resources
- World LNG Report, IGU, 2020
- GIIGNL 2021 Annual Report, accessed May 5, 2021
- Joetsu LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- Joetsu - LNG regas terminal, Wood MacKenzie, accessed August 31, 2017
- Japan's JERA makes first-ever LNG purchase from U.S. mainland, Reuters, December 7, 2016
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named