Joliet Crude Oil Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline runs near Joliet, Illinois, United States.
- Operator: Zenith Terminals Holdings LLC
- Owner: JBBR Pipeline LLC
- Parent company: Zenith Energy*; General Electric Company
- Capacity: 210,000 barrels per day
- Diameter: 20 inches
- Length: 4.5 miles
- Status: Operating
- Start year:
*Arc Logistics Partners LP was an original parent company of the pipeline, but in 2021 this was acquired by Zenith Energy.
The pipeline is a part of the Joliet Terminal in Illinois, United States. The Joliet Terminal has a capacity of approximately 85,000 barrels of crude oil per day, approximately 300,000 barrels of storage, and a 4-mile pipeline connection to a common carrier crude oil pipeline. The facility will have rail and marine access and capabilities as well as more than 80 acres of land available for future expansion. At closing, the Joliet Terminal will be supported by a terminal services agreement as well as a throughput and deficiency agreement with a major oil company, each with a term of three years based on minimum throughput volume commitments. The estimated annual EBITDA of JBBR is expected to be between $23 and $25 million, of which the Partnership will receive 60% based upon its percentage ownership interest in the JBBR joint venture company.
Arc Logistics Partners LP, through a joint venture arrangement with GE Energy Financial Services, a unit of General Electric Company, agreed in 2015 to acquire all of the membership interests of Joliet Bulk, Barge & Rail LLC ("JBBR") from CenterPoint Properties Trust for $216 million. In 2021, Zenith Energy acquired Arc Logistics Partners LP.
JBBR's principal assets consist of a crude oil unloading terminal and a 4.5-mile crude oil pipeline, the Joliet Terminal, which are in the final stages of construction in Joliet, Illinois and are expected to be complete in mid to late April 2015.
Articles and resources
- Arc Logistics Partners LP to Acquire a Terminal in Joliet, Illinois in a Joint Venture, Global News Wire, February 20, 2015
- "JBBR Pipeline". Zenith Terminals. Retrieved 2022-04-18.
- Gourntis, Kalliope (2015-02-21). "GE, Arc Logistics to acquire Joliet Terminal". Infrastructure Investor. Retrieved 2022-04-18.
- "Zenith Energy US to acquire Arc Logistics Partners". Zenith Terminals. Retrieved 2022-04-18.