Jolo power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of the The Philippines and coal|
Jolo power station is a proposed 58-megawatt (MW) coal-fired plant in Sulu province, the Philippines.
The map below shows Jolo, Sulu province, the Philippines, where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
In January 2017 SMC Global announced that it planned to build a 58-MW coal-fired plant in Jolo, Sulu province.
As of May 2019 there has been no further news about the project and it appears to be shelved.
- Sponsor: SMC Global Power Holdings
- Parent company: SMC Global Power Holdings
- Location: Jolo, Sulu province, Philippines
- Coordinates: 6.0402879, 121.0049282 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 58 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- SMC set to build 3 coal plants, Manila Standard, Jan. 16, 2017