KISCO steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
KISCO steel plant is an electric steel plant in Seongsan-gu, Changwon-si, Gyeongnam, Republic of Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Seongsan-gu, Changwon-si, Gyeongnam, Republic of Korea.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: KISCO Holdings Group
- Owner: Korea Steel Co., Ltd.
- Alternative plant names: Korea Steel Co., Ltd., Korea Iron & Steel, Dongkuk Steel Mill Changwon (predecessor)
- Other language plant name: 한국철강 (Korean)
- Location: 12, Gongdan-ro 103beon-gil, Seongsan-gu, Changwon-si, Gyeongnam, Republic of Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 35.216552, 128.640158 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1965 (age 55–56)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel products: 3000
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rebar, forging, billet
- Steel sector end users: construction, energy, oil & gas
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 4 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (2 70-tonne EAF (2008, 2007), 120-tonne EAF (1993), 50-tonne EAF (1979))
Articles and resources