KOWEPO Hadong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of South Korea and coal|
KOWEPO Hadong power station is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station by Korea Western Power Co., Ltd. (KOWEPO) in South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea.
The map below shows Hadong County, the approximate location for the proposed plant.
Background on Plant
In November 2014 Korea Western Power Co., Ltd. (KOWEPO) said it planned to build a 2,000 MW coal-fired power station in Gwangyang Bay Area Free Economic Zone, with construction planned to begin in 2017 and end in 2022.
However, with no developments since the initial announcement, the project appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Korea Western Power Co., Ltd. (KOWEPO)
- Parent company:
- Location: Hadong County, South Gyeongsang Province
- Coordinates: 35.066667, 127.75 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 2,000 (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "하동 석탄화력발전소 추진 신중해야," Daily Citizen Gyeongnam, Nov 21, 2014