KVK Energy Private Ltd is one of the two partners in the joint venture company, KVK Power & Infrastructure. The company was formed in September 2005 between K. Vijay Kumar, hence the KVK acronym, and Maytas Infra.
Coal power projects
KVK Power & Infrastructure owns the existing Pathadi power station a 600 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Pathadi village, Korba district of the state of Chhattisgarh, India. The power station comprises two 300 MW units. Two additional units of 660 each are under construction - the Pathadi power expansion - for a total final capacity of 1,920 MW.
- KVK Nilachal Power Pvt. Ltd., Jharkhand, a subsidiary of KVK Energy, has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Government of Jharkhand in January, 2007 for developing a 1,000 MW coal-based power project. See KVK Jharkhand project for further details.
- KVK Power & Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd., Chhattisgarh, signed a Memorandum of Understanding in February 2008 with the government of Chhattisgaarh to build the Bhaiso power station. The MoU covers a 600 MW project; the company intends to also build a second phase, also 600 MW.
Resources and articles
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "Maytas Infra Limited: Draft Red Herring Prospectus", April 2007, page 180. (Pdf)
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.
- Lanco Amarkantak (Pathadi) Coal Power Plant India, Global Energy Observatory, accessed December 2011
- KVK Energy, "Future projects", KVK Energy website, accessed February 2012.
- "Future Projects," KVK, accessed February 2012