Kais power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Kais power station also known as the Khenchela Combined Cycle Power Plant is a 1,266-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant, under construction (as of June 2019) in Khenchela Province, Algeria. The construction is a joint-venture of GS Engineering & Construction and Daelim Industrial.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Kais, Khenchela Province, Algeria.
Construction of the Kais Power station began in March of 2017 as a joint-venture of GS Engineering & Construction and Daelim Industrialref name=SR/> Zawya.com states that the project is delayed, as of April 8, 2019. While the African Power Platform classifies the project as "under cosntruction", as of November 2019.
- Sponsor: Société Algérienne de production d'électricité (SPE)
- Parent company: Soc Algerienne Elec (Sonelgaz)
- Location: Kais, Khenchela Province, Algeria
- Coordinates: 35.4929, 6.9263 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 1,266 MW
- Combined-cycle units 1-2: 633 MW each (on average)
Articles and Resources
- Belt & Road Weekly KAIS power station project in Algeria starts construction xinhua silk road, March 23, 2017
- Sonelgaz - Emergency Power Generation Construction Programme - Kais Power Plant Zawya.com, April 8, 2019
- Korean EPC selects Siveco for power plant CMMS & DMS Siveco China, Dec. 27, 2017
- Kais Combined Cycle Gas-Fired Power Plant African Power Platform, accessed Nov. 18, 2019