Kalbar-1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kalbar-1 power station is a 2 x 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The map below shows the location of the project, in East Kalimantan Province.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2014 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2018. It comprises one unit of 200 MW.
A PT PLN September 2015 list of companies interested in mine-mouth IPP plants did not show any companies interested in the project.
In 2017 it was reported the plant would be a cooperation project between PT PLN's Indonesia Power and China's Golden Concord Holdings (GCL-Poly). The project reportedly broke ground in August 2017, and is planned for 2020. It is being constructed by SEPCOIII and CCCC Third Harbor Consultants Co of China, as well as some Indonesian companies. In addition to the power plant, the project includes the construction of a two–kilometer road into the plant, 30–kilometers of power transmission lines and the transformer of substations. In August 2018 it was reported that construction was 35% complete.
In March 2020 the project's sponsor announced that it might be delayed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. As of June 30, 2020 construction was 96.69% complete. Unit 1 was commissioned on Dec. 29, 2020 and Unit 2 was commissioned on Apr. 28, 2021.
The China Construction Bank provided US$400m in debt financing for this project. Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN) and Golden Concord Holdings provided US$133.3 million in equity for the project.
- Sponsor: Indonesia Power, Golden Concord Holdings
- Parent company: PT PLN, GCL-Poly
- Location: West Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.8358704,108.8727873 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 200 MW (Units 1-2: 100 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Unit 1: 2020; Unit 2: 2021
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: US$400 million in debt from China Construction Bank; US$133.3 million in equity from Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN) and Golden Concord Holdings.
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Daftar Peminat IPP PLTU Mulut Tambang," Satuan Pengadan IPP, September 2015
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-56
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016
- "Indonesia coal-fired power project breaks ground," PowerChina, Aug. 21, 2017, Archived Aug. 22, 2018
- Proyek PLTU Kalbar-1 Baru 35 Persen, TribunPontianak, Aug. 1, 2018
- Jadwal operasional pembangkit terganggu wabah corona, ini tanggapan PLN, Kontan, Mar. 8, 2020
- Simak! Berikut pembangkit dan proyek kelistrikan 35.000 MW yang terdampak Covid-19, Kontan, Aug. 2, 2020
- Kalbar-1 mulai beroperasi, tekan impor listrik dari Malaysia, Antara News, May 2, 2021
- "Preview of Kalbar 1 Coal-Fired Power Plant (200MW) IPP | Transaction | IJGlobal". ijglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-09-16.