Kalselteng-3 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kaselteng-3 power station is a proposed 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant proposed in Central Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the project, in Central Kalimantan Province.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2024 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2019 and 2020. It comprises two units of 100 MW each.
A PT PLN September 2015 list of companies interested in mine-mouth IPP plants showed several companies expressing interest in Kalselteng-3, including PT Katingan Ria, PT Korindo, PT Golden Energy Mines, PT Metro Energy, PT PJB Dan and PT Prima Multi Artha, Jhonlin Energi Kalimanta, and PT Pandu Adidaya.
In August 2016 PT PLN said it would put the Kalselteng-3 plant out for tender, with the selected Project Sponsor intended to develop, finance, construct and operate the Project on a Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) basis.
In the 2017-2026 long-range plan, three power plants are rescheduled to 2021-2022, with a note that the plants are being reframed as mine-mouth power plants. The goal is to achieve greater economies. The plant does not appear in the 2018-2027 long-range plan. The long-range plan for 2019-2028 reschedules the two units for 2024/2025. PLN has assigned responsibility for developing the plant to its subsidiary Pembangkitan Jawa Bali Investasi (PJBI). In September 2020 PT PLN Persero announced that it had acquired a coal mine for the mine-mouth plant but did not give the mine's exact location.
- Sponsor: Pembangkitan Jawa Bali Investasi (PJBI)
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -2.8086279, 111.6430664 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 100 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Unit 1: 2024; Unit 2: 2025
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Daftar Peminat IPP PLTU Mulut Tambang," Satuan Pengadan IPP, September 2015
- "PLN opens tender for four power projects," Antara News, Aug 13, 2016
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-12
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-53
- The Case for System Transformation in Indonesia, IEEFA, November 2019
- PLN Getol Akuisisi Tambang Batu Bara, Sudut Energy, Sep. 15, 2020