Kalteng-1 Pulang Pisau power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kalteng-1 power station is a 120-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in Central Kalimantan Province, Indonesia.
Background on Plant
The 120 MW Pulang Pisau power station in Central Kalimantan Province is operated by PLN. The construction contract was awarded back in January 2008, to a consortium consisting of China National Heavy Machinery Corporation, Shandong Electric Power Group (a subsidiary of Shandong Energy), and Mega Power Mandiri.
Although the plant is almost complete, land claims for the site were apparently still in dispute.
In June 2015, workers from the plant were in training for plant operations, and startup appeared to be imminent.
Unit 1 began commercial operations in August 2016. Unit 2 began operating sometime later, most likely in early 2017, although there were no announcements when the unit came online. Both units were operating in October 2018, when they were forced offline by a lightning strike on electrical transmission lines.
- Sponsor: PT PLN
- Location: Buntoi Village, Kahayan Hilir District, Pulang Pisau Regency, Central Kalimantan Province, Borneo, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -2.8226465, 114.2088309 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 120 MW (Units 1 & 2: 60 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In Service: Unit 1: 2016; Unit 2: 2017
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- “PLN Long Term Electricity Plan (2013-2023),” presentation by Moch. Sofyan, Head of New & Renewable Division of PT PLN (Persero), 06 March 2014, page 14
- Alex Gunawan. Pembangunan PLTU Pulang Pisau Sudah 83 Persen. KabarIndonesia, 12 Oct. 2014.
- Konsorsium China Menangkan Tender PLTU Kalteng Rp1,1 Triliun, Antara News, 6 Jan. 2008.
- Mei, PLTU Pulang Pisau Beroperasi, Kalteng Post, 9 Jan. 2015.
- "The first On-Site Training Of Indonesian Central Kalimantan Project," O&M Power, 22 June 2015
- PLN: PLTU Pulang Pisau Mulai Beroperasi, Republika, Aug. 23, 2016
- PLTU Pulang Pisau Perkuat Listrik Kalteng-Kalsel, Antara News, Dec. 5, 2016
- Sofyar Redhani, PLTU Pulangpisau Segera Beroperasi Lagi, Tribun Kalteng, Oct. 8, 2018