Kaltim-4 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kaltim-4 power station, also referred to as the Kaltim Embalut Expansion, is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Berau regency, East Kalimantan Province, Indonesia. It should not be confused with the Embalut power station, which is located immediately to the south.
The map below shows the location of the project, in Berau Regency, East Kalimantan Province.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2014 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2019 and 2020. It comprises two units of 100 MW each.
A PT PLN September 2015 list of companies interested in mine-mouth IPP plants did not show any companies interested in the project.
In the 2017-2026 long-range plan the project is scheduled for 2021/2022. The project does not appear in the 2018-2027 long-range plan. In the 2019-2028 long-range plan the project is scheduled for 2020/2021.
The Kaltim-4 power station began supplying electricity to the grid in August 2020. When the power station came online, it was not operating at full capacity, because the East Kalimantan electricity grid already had a surplus supply of power.
- Sponsor: IPP project with PT PLN
- Parent company:
- Location: Berau regency, East Kalimantan Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 1.096050, 116.625557 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 100 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In Service: 2020
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Daftar Peminat IPP PLTU Mulut Tambang," Satuan Pengadan IPP, September 2015
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-58
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-53
- Bangun 3 Proyek, PLN Siapkan Pasokan Listrik Untuk Ibu Kota Baru di Kaltim, Pasardana, Aug. 24, 2020
- Tim Jelajah, Surplus Listrik di Kaltim, Produsen Swasta Harap Industri Bergeliat Lagi, Bisnis Indonesia, Aug. 13, 2020