Kaltim FTP2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kaltim FTP2 power station is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The satellite photo below shows the location of the project Teluk Kadere, Bontang Listari, East Kalimantan Province.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2024 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2018 and 2019. The project comprises two units of 100 MW each. It is located in East Kalimantan near the Sangatta mines operated by Kaltim Prima Coal.
In the 2017-2026 long-range plan, the project is rescheduled to 2026 and is described as an independent power project (IPP). In the 2019-2028 long-range plan the project is rescheduled 2020/2021.
People who live near the plant have complained that their catch of fish and harvesting of seaweed from Kadere Bay have diminished since the plant began operating. As of November 2020 the plant had not been used to electrify Lok Tunggul, a neighborhood adjacent to the plant.
- Sponsor: PT Graha Power Kaltim (GPK)
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Teluk Kadere, Bontang Listari, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.0551785, 117.4945887 (exact)
- Status: Unit 1: Operating; Unit 2: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 100 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Unit 1: 2019; Unit 2: 2020
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Tantangan Dan Upanya Menuju Kedaulatan Energi Di Provinsi Kalimantan Timur," slide presentation by Dr. H. Awang Faroek Ishak, governor of Kalimantan Timur, April 6, 2016
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-58
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-53
- prokal.co. "Operasikan Pembangkit Baru, PLTU Kaltim 2 Perkuat Sistem Kelistrikan | ProkalNews". news.prokal.co (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2020-01-13.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Completion of Kaltim-2 2x125MW Coal-Fired Power Plant Project, China Chengda Engineering Co., Ltd., Jan. 13, 2020
- Kisah Kampung di Sebelah PLTU Teluk Kadere, Minim Penerangan, Kehilangan Hasil Tangkapan, Prokal, Nov. 13, 2020