Kaptan steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Kaptan steel plant (KAPTAN DEMİR ÇELİK END. ve TİCARET A.Ş. (Turkish)) is an electric steel plant in Marmara Ereğlisi, Tekirdag, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Marmara Ereğlisi, Tekirdag, Turkey.
Kaptan Demir Celik End. ve Ticaret S.A. was established in 1968, but the steel making plant began in 2002.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Kaptan Group
- Owner: Kaptan Demir Celik End. ve Ticaret S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Kaptan Demir Celik, KDC, Captain Iron and Steel
- Other language plant name: KAPTAN DEMİR ÇELİK END. ve TİCARET A.Ş. (Turkish)
- Location: Cedid Ali Paşa Mah. Seymen Yolu Cad. No:30, Marmara Ereğlisi, Tekirdag, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 41.015222, 27.959978 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2002 (age 18–19)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1400 (EAF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1302 (EAF, 2017)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: billet, round and deformed bars, square bars, flat bars, equal angles
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (120-tonne, 125 MVA SMS Demag)
Articles and resources
- KAPTAN DEMİR ÇELİK END. ve TİCARET A.Ş., Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Kaptan Demir Celik, Kaptan Group, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Main Page, Kaptan Group, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- DEMİR ÇELİK SEKTÖR RAPORU (2019), Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology, 2020. Calculated using the capacity utilization given in Table 7-page 18.