Karakansky coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Karakansky is an operating coal mine in Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The Karakansky underground coal mine was the first stage of Karakan Invest's energy project near the village of Evtino, Kemerovo Oblast (district) Russia. The Karakansky-Zapadny coal mine mine within the complex is operating and another mine Karakansky Globoky coal mine is proposed.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Karakan, in Belovsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
Coal Mine Background
Karakan Invest is a group of companies made up of coal producer Belovskaya Mine, logistics company Belcommerce, engineering company Promishlennik and the trading company Karakan Energo Trade. Around 2/3 of the coal Karakan Invest extracts is sold on the domestic market with the rest being exported.
Karakan Invest is creating the Karakansky coal energy cluster merging the extraction, processing and generating capacities of the Karakansky coal deposits including underground coal gasification on the site and production of coal to liquid fuel.
- Parent Company: Karakan Invest
- Location: Karakan, Belovsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 54.369859, 86.792850 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 7 Mt/year in the complex (three mines)
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:83.1 million tons
- Coal type: Thermal coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:2010
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Karakan Invest, "Reserves and resources", accessed 31 July 2019.
- Караканский угольный разрез, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Karakan Invest, "Presentation of the group of companies", accessed 31 July 2019.
- Karakan Invest, "Disclosure of information", accessed 31 July 2019.
- Karakan Invest, "Development strategy", accessed 31 July 2019.