Karsto Power Station
Karsto Power Station is a proposal by Haugaland Kraft for a 400-800 megawatt project.
Carbon Capture and Storage
In March 2008 the Norwegian Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Mrs Aslaug Haga stated that the Norwegian government would support three Carbon Capture and Storage demonstration projects including a full scale retrofit capture plant connected to the Karsto power station. In 2008 the the Norwegian Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Mrs Aslaug Haga stated the "facility is planned to capture 1 million tonnes of CO2 from the exhaust gas at the power plant and subsequently transport the CO2 by pipeline to safe storage in geological formations under the sea bed. Final investment decision is to be made in 2009." It is intended that public funds be used for the project.
Articles and resources
- "PiE’s new power plant project tracker – April 2008", Power in Europe, Issue 523, April 7, 2008, page 34.
- Mrs Aslaug Haga, "CCS projects in Norway", Open hearing in The European Parliament, Brussels, March 5, 2008.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage demonstration projects worldwide
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Norway
- Carbon Capture and Storage in the United Kingdom
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Europe