Kartali East coal mine
The Kartali East Opencast Coal Mine Project was a proposed opencast mine, operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 3.75 million tonnes per annum on an ML area of 855.906 Ha, in Korba district of Chhattisgarh State in India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Kartali East Opencast Coal Mine Project in Pali Tehsil, Korba District, Chhattisgarh State, India.
Background on Mine
As of 2020, very little information has been released of the project since 2011, and it is considered cancelled
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Pali Tehsil, Korba District, Chhattisgarh State, India.
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 22.300537, Longitude 82.956518(approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Production Capacity: 3.75 MTPA
- Total Resource: 13.43 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 47.99
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal
- Mine Size: 855.906 ha
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:Grant of ToR for the Kartali East opencast coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 27 June 2011
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and resources
- Grant of ToR for the Kartali East opencast coal mine project, MoEF&CC India, 27 June 2011
- Coal reserves as per CMPDI, accessed on April 9, 2020