Kathara coal mines
The Kathara coal mines are a group of opencast and underground coal mines, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing 5 million-tonnes-per-annum, in the East Bokaro coalfield, in Jharkhand state, India.
The operating mines include: Govindpur, Jarangdih mines, Kathara, and Sawang mines.
The map below shows the location of Jarangdih, two of the Kathara coal mines in Jharkhand state, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Kathara Area, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.775944, 85.911907 (exact)
- Status: operating/proposed
- Capacity: Govindpur opencast (1.875 MTPA), Jarangdih mines (1.18 MTPA), Kathara (0.96 MTPA), and Sawang mines (1.2 MTPA).
- In service:
- Permits: Environment Clearance for the Govindpur Phase II coal mine, MoEF&CC India, 20 May, 2014</ref>
- Coal type:
- Mining method: surface
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Coalfields Limited, Statutory Clearances, accessed March 23, 2020