Katie Warrick is the Director – Communications for the World Coal Association, the global coal industry lobby group based in London. Following the resignation of Benjamin Sporton as the WCA's CEO, Warrick was appointed as Interim CEO from September 2018.
Warrick's LinkedIn profile states that she has worked at the WCA since June 2001.
- Information & Publications Manager: June 2001 – May 2003;
- Communications Manager: June 2003 – May 2009;
- Director - Communications: June 2009 – December 2016; "Providing the strategic direction of WCA’s communication activities, ensuring WCA effectively engages with key stakeholders worldwide and is part of the wider energy and environment debate." Also Chief Editor of Cornerstone, WCA's quarterly magazine for the energy sector.
- Communications & Strategy Director: January 2017 – September 2018; "As Communications & Strategy Director, I am responsible for developing the WCA’s communications strategy, targeting global external and internal stakeholders, and working alongside the Chief Executive on the development and implementation of the WCA’s overall strategic plan at a business level.
Articles and resources
- "WCA announces leadership transition amid resurgence in coal fundamentals", Media Release, July 10, 2018.
- "Katie Warrick: Communications and Strategy Director at World Coal Association", LinkedIn, accessed August 2018.