Keadby power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Keadby power station is a 794-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Lincolnshire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire County, United Kingdom.
Keadby was 'deep mothballed' in 2013 due to market conditions, but was brought back online in 2015. In 2021 the project is listed in the T-4 Capacity Market 2024-2025 final auction results for 716 MW with 2024 delivery. This would qualify it for government subsidies to guarantee electricity supply.
SSE also announced plans in 2021 for a third gas-fired combined-cycle unit with a capacity of 900 MW that would utilize carbon capture and storage (CCS), as well as a fourth new unit run entirely on hydrogen.
- Sponsor: SSE plc
- Parent company: SSE PLC
- Location: Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 53.5944, -0.7504 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 794 MW
- Gross generating capacity (construction): 840 MW
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 900 MW
- Unit 3: Gas-fired combined-cycle, 900 MW (start-up in 2027)
Articles and Resources
- SSE plc Annual Report 2013, SSE, May 3, 2013
- SSE to restart mothballed Keadby plant, Gas to Power Journal, Oct 21, 2015
- T4 DY2024-25 Final Results, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Mar 22, 2021
- Capacity Market, United Kingdom, Mar 1, 2019
- SSE Thermal and Equinor join forces on plans for first-of-a-kind hydrogen and carbon capture projects in the Humber, Equinor, Apr 8, 2021
- Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES) United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 549300KI75VYLLMSK856 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Energy Observatory ID 3813, accessed January 2020
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 48W000000KEAD-15 accessed November 2019
- Open Power Plants Database, ID g_48W000000KEAD-15 European Commission Joint Research Centre, version 0.91
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 48W0000KEADGT-3O accessed November 2019
- Capacity Market Register 2024-25 (T-4) - 13_04_2021, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Apr 13, 2021
- Open Power Plants Database, ID g_48W0000KEADGT-3O European Commission Joint Research Centre, version 0.91
- Keadby 2
- Siemens, SSE advance Keadby-2 project, start-up slated for 2022 Gas to Power Journal, 1 October 2018