Keban Agung power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Keban Agung power station, also known as Sumsel-2 or SS-2, is a 270-megawatt (MW) mine-mouth coal-fired station in South Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the plant, in West Merapi (Merapi Barat) District, Lahat Regency, South Sumatra Province.
Background on Plant
The Keban Agung power station is a two-unit, 270-MW mine-mouth coal-fired power plant under construction in South Sumatra Province. The plant is being built by PT Priamanaya Energi, a subsidiary of Priamanaya Djan International. Total cost on the project is $310 million, and financing was arranged by a syndicate of banks, led by Bank Negara Indonesia.
Ground was broken on the project in July 2009, with completion initially scheduled for 2012. The plant is scheduled to be completed in 2015.
In January 2013 a worker died during construction, after apparently falling only 3 meters. In January and February 2015, Lahat Regency officials visiting the site found hundreds of foreign workers apparently working illegally.
The site will accommodate an additional two units of 135 MW each.
The project began operating in 2015.
In November 2009, a financing agreement for the project was closed. US$238.04 million in loans was provided by Bank Negara Indonesia, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Jawa Barat dan Banten, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Jawa Tengah, and Bank Pembangunan Daerah Sumatera Selatan dan. US$113.18 million in equity was provided by PT Priamanaya Energi.
- Sponsor: PT Priamanaya Energi
- Parent company: Priamanaya Djan International
- Location: West Merapi (Merapi Barat) District, Lahat Regency, South Sumatra Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -3.75149, 103.64809 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 270 MW (Units 1 & 2: 135 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2015
- Coal Type: Low-quality
- Coal Source: Mine-mouth
- Source of financing: US$238.04 million in debt from Bank Negara Indonesia, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Jawa Barat dan Banten, PT Bank Pembangunan Daerah Jawa Tengah, and Bank Pembangunan Daerah Sumatera Selatan dan; US$113.18 million in equity from PT Priamanaya Energi
Articles and resources
- Our Business: Energy, Priamanaya Group website, accessed Mar. 2015.
- "Investment Opportunities," PTPLN Persero presentation, 2008
- PLTU Keban Agung 2 X 135 MW Mulai Dibangun, Priamanaya Energi press release, 10 July 2009.
- Terpeleset dari ketinggian 3 meter, teknisi PLTU tewas, Sindo News, 28 Jan. 2013.
- Sidak, TKA tak Bisa Diajak Komunikasi, Sumatera Ekspres, 9 Feb. 2015.
- PT Priamanaya Energi: TKA Tidak Ada Yang Lari Saat Razia, Lahat Online, 20 Jan. 2015.
- Oleh Dolly Rosana, "Tiga PLTU di Sumsel beroperasi 2015," AntaraSumsel, March 25, 2015
- "Preview of Kebon Agung Coal Fired Plant (270MW) | Transaction | IJGlobal". ijglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-11-06.