Kedah Project power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Kedah Project power station is a proposed 1,150-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Kedah, Malaysia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Kedah, Malaysia.
In February 2019, Ranhill Holdings entered into a collaboration agreement with Thailand-based Treasure Specialty Company to develop a 1,150 MW combined-cycle gas turbine power plant in Kedah.
According to a February 2019 press release by Ranhill, "evaluation and discussion of the Kedah Project are on-going as it is still subject to approval from relevant authorities in both Malaysia and Thailand." The power plant is meant to provide energy to Thailand. Upon completion, it will carry 100% of its generation capacity through a dedicated transmission line to a substation in Southern Thailand.
- Sponsor: Ranhill Power Sdn. Bhd.
- Parent company: Ranhill Holdings Bhd./Treasure Specialty Co. Ltd.
- Location: Kedah, Malaysia
- Coordinates: 6.1184, 100.3685 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 1,150 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 1,150 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- "Ranhill plans power plant with Thai partner in Kedah" The Star Online, Feb. 20, 2019.
- "Ranhill to Export Power to Southern Thailand from Kedah" Ranhill, Feb. 21, 2019.