Kedla coal mines
The Kedla coal mines are a group of surface and underground coal mines, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing 1 million-tonnes-per-annum, in the West Bokaro coalfield, in Jharkhand state, India.
The company proposed an expansion of the mine of 5 million tonnes, but it was likely cancelled .
The map below shows the location of Kedla mines in Jharkhand, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.775944, 85.911907 (exact)
- Status: operating/proposed
- Capacity: 1 MTPA
- Reserves: 41.72 MT
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: surface
- Source of financing: