Kemsley Paper Mill power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Kemsley Paper Mill power station is an 81-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Kent County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Kemsley - Sittingbourne, Kent County, United Kingdom.
At the paper mill, a new gas-fired unit, K4, with electric-generating capacity of 68 MW, was proposed (as of November 2019) to be built and operated by E.On, to replace the existing K1 gas-fired unit with capacity of 81 MW capacity.
- Sponsor: DS Smith
- Parent company: DS Smith PLC
- Location: Kemsley - Sittingbourne, Kent County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 51.3637, 0.7354 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (operating): 81 MW (planned retirement 2021)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 68 MW
- Kemsley 1, E.On website, accessed November 2019
- E.ON awarded major contract by DS Smith in the UK, E.On press release, March 15, 2019
- Kemsley energy from waste CHP plant agrees project finance package Green Investment Group, July 28, 2016
- Wheelabrator Kemsley, Wheelabrator Technologies, accessed April 2020.
- Development consent granted for Kemsley Paper Mill Combined Heat & Power plant, DS Smith website, July 19, 2019.
- DS Smith PLC, Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020.
- Google Maps, accessed November 2019
- Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES) United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy