Khabarovsk-3 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Khabarovsk-3 power station (Хабаровская ТЭЦ-3) is a 720-megawatt (MW) power plant (540 MW coal-fired, 180 MW gas-fired) in Khabarovsk territory, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Krasnoflotsky rayon, Khabarovsk city, Khabarovsk territory.
Background on Plant
The four-unit, 720-MW Khabarovsk-3 power station is owned by Far Eastern Generating Company, which in turn is owned by RusHydro.
The plant supplies electricity with four power units of 180MW each, brought online between 1985 and 2006, as well as heat energy provided by 3 additional boiler units. In 2012, the boiler for power unit 4 was converted to run on natural gas.
In March 2019 the plant began converting one of its heat-generating boilers to run on gas instead of coal.
In October 2022 the Far Eastern Generating Company and RusHydro both refer to the plan to convert three units to natural gas in 3 years' time, ie. by 2026.  There were disruptions with the gas supply from Sakhalin-1 Oil and Gas Project (Russia) to Khabarovsk region as a result of production halt. This appears to have been resolved now as the project is now managed by a Russian-registered operator.
The plant generated 3,253 million kWh of electricity in 2020.
- Sponsor: Far Eastern Generating Company
- Parent company: RusHydro
- Location: Krasnoflotsky rayon, Khabarovsk city, Khabarovsk territory, Russia
- Coordinates: 48.570367, 135.1512 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 720 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired Subcritical, 180 MW (expected conversion to gas by 2026)
- Unit 2: Coal-fired Subcritical, 180 MW (expected conversion to gas by 2026)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired Subcritical, 180 MW (expected conversion to gas by 2026)
- Unit 4b: Gas-fired steam turbine with CHP, 180 MW (start-up in 2006, converted from coal)
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 180 MW
- Unit 4: Coal-fired Subcritical, 180 MW (converted to gas in 2012)
- In Service: 1985-2006
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source: Neryungri coal desposit, Kuznetsk coal
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Хабаровская ТЭЦ-3, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- "Хабаровская ТЭЦ-3". dvgk.ru. Retrieved November 2022 via the Wayback Machine. Check date values in:
- Хабаровская ТЭЦ-3 направит на реконструкцию более 520 млн рублей, zrpress.ru, Mar. 19, 2019
- "В Хабаровске обсудили подготовку к отопительному сезону и перевод ТЭЦ региона на газ". rushydro.ru. October 5, 2022.
- "Хабаровскую ТЭЦ-3 ждёт полный переход на газ". khabarovsktv.ru. October 2022.
- "Смена операторов "Сахалин-1" и "Сахалин-2" обеспечила газоснабжение Дальнего Востока". Interfax Russia. November 3, 2022.
- Far Eastern Generating Company. "2020 Annual Report". Retrieved November 2022 via the Wayback Machine. Check date values in:
- Хабаровская ТЭЦ-3, Museum - RAO Energy Systems of the East, accessed Aug 31, 2021