Kais power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Kais power station, also known as the Khenchela Combined Cycle Power Plant or Centrale de Kais, is a 1,266-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant under construction in Khenchela Province, Algeria.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Remila, Khenchela Province, Algeria.
Construction of the Kais Power station began in March of 2017 as a joint-venture of GS Engineering & Construction and Daelim Industrial. In 2018 the Minister of Energy visited the construction site. Zawya.com states that the project is delayed, as of April 8, 2019. The African Power Platform classifies the project as "under construction" as of November 2019.
- Sponsor: Société Algérienne de Production de l'Electricité (SPE)
- Parent company: Société Algérienne de Production de l'Electricité (SPE)
- Location: Remila, Khenchela Province, Algeria
- Coordinates: 35.550316, 6.869692 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (under construction): 1,266 MW
Articles and Resources
- Sonelgaz - Emergency Power Generation Construction Programme - Kais Power Plant Zawya.com, April 8, 2019
- Belt & Road Weekly KAIS power station project in Algeria starts construction xinhua silk road, March 23, 2017
- Korean EPC selects Siveco for power plant CMMS & DMS Siveco China, Dec. 27, 2017
- Visit Of The Minister Of Energy To The Wilayas Of Batna And Khenchela, Sonelgaz, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- Kais Combined Cycle Gas-Fired Power Plant African Power Platform, accessed Nov. 18, 2019
- Plan de développement, La Société Algérienne de Production de l’Electricité, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- Nos Sites de Production, La Société Algérienne de Production de l’Electricité, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- Centrale électrique de Kaïs, OpenInfraMap, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- Kaïs power station, MapCarta, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- Partial commissioning "at the end of 2018" of the Remila power plant, L'Est Republican, Jan 17, 2018
- Parc de Production SPE, La Société Algérienne de Production de l’Electricité, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- Powering ahead: Capacity increases are set to help the country deal with rising demand, Oxford Business Group, accessed Jul 23, 2021