Khoramabad power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Khoramabad power station also known as Khorramabad Combined Cycle Power Plant and نیروگاه سیکل ترکیبی خرم آباد the is a 968-megawatt (MW) combined cycle power plant, with one phase in operation and another in under construction (as of Novemeber 2019) in Lorestan Province, Iran.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Khorramabad, Lorestan Province, Iran.
The Khorramabad Power Plant company was registered "the operator and major investor of Khorramabad 1,000 mW combined cycle power plant" in 2005. The company is a subsidiary of Iran Power Plant Investment Company otherwise known as Sana (LLP). Sana holds 72 percent of the company shares while Farab and Saba Power and Energy Company hold 25 and 3 percent respectively. The power plant project was planned for two phases, "each with a capacity of 484 mW including two V94.2 gas units and single steam unit as combined cycle block and with a total investment of €560 million." Sana states on their website that the first phase was planned to become operational in 2018.
While initial estimates refer to Khorramabad as a 1,000 MW station, the SANA invest website lists its gross capacity as 968 MW.
- Sponsor: Khorramabad Power Plant Co.
- Parent company: Iran Power Plant Investment Company otherwise aka Sana (LLP)
- Location: Khoramabad, Lorestan Province, Iran
- Coordinates: 33.374390, 48.401599 (exact)
- Gross capacity: 968 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 484 MW (operating)
- Combined-cycle unit: 484 MW (to start 2021)
Articles and Resources
- Iran Power Plant Investment Company (Sana (LLP)) Khorramabad Combined Cycle Power Plant organizational website, accessed Nov 20, 2019
- Saba Power and Energy Group Khorramabad Combined Cycle Power Plant Project organizational website, accessed Nov. 20, 2019
- Google Maps Khorramabad combined cycle power plant, نیروگاه سیکل ترکیبی خرم آباد Google, accessed Nov. 20, 2019
- Sana introducing SANA organizational website, accessed Nov. 20, 2019