Khwezela coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Khwezela coal mine is operated by Anglo American, producing 5.7 million tonnes per annum, in Emalahleni, Nkangala, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The mine is the product of a merger of the Landau Colliery and Kleinkopje mine.
The map below shows the mine, situated in the Witbank coalfield in the Mpumalanga Province
The current life of the mine is 2050.
- Parent Company: Anglo American
- Location: Emalahleni, Nkangala, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
- GPS Coordinates: -25.926243, 29.155635
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 5.7 million tonner per annum
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 29.1 million tons
- Coal type: Thermal
- Workforce Size:
- Mine Type: surface, open pit
- Start Year: 2016
- Source of Financing: