King's Lynn-B power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
King's Lynn-B power station is a proposed 1,700-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Norfolk County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Saddlebow, Norfolk County, United Kingdom.
EP UK Power Development Limited (‘EP UKPD Ltd’) has obtained a Variation Consent from the Secretary of State for the King’s Lynn ‘B’ CCGT Power Station Project. The Variation Consent allows EP UKPD Ltd to construct and operate a new gas-fired power station with an electrical output of up to 1,700 megawatts (‘MW’), including associated works. The power station will comprise one of the following two options (only one will be constructed): Option 1 – up to two CCGT units; or Option 2 – one CCGT unit and an OCGT peaking plant.
- Sponsor: EP UK Investments
- Parent company: Energetický a průmyslový holding, a.s.
- Location: Saddlebow, Norfolk County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 52.7162, 0.3791 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 1,700 MW
- Combined-cycle unit 1: 850 MW (to start 2022)
- Combined-cycle unit 2: 850 MW (to start 2022)
Articles and Resources
- Project Overview, EP UK Investments, accessed November 2019.
- The King’s Lynn ‘B’ CCGT Power Station Project, EP UK Investments, accessed 2019.
- Energetický a průmyslový holding, a.s. LEI Reference Data accessed Jan. 9, 2020